A proud moment for our family in June when my brother received a medal from the French army recognizing his service in Afghanistan. The ceremony took place at noon at the French embassy in Washington, D.C. Harsh mid-day lighting is always a challenge, but I thought this one turned out pretty well under the circumstances. At first I was upset that the sun was reflecting so badly off that pin, but the more I look at it the more I like it. I think it shows how bright and shiny his medals and things actually are.
Nice job, little brother!
This next one also isn't particularly remarkable from a technical standpoint, but one of my very favorite things about photography is trying to be the "fly on the wall" — that is, catch people at their most candid. We were in D.C. and it was my dad's first time seeing a firefly or "lightnin' bug." I love how he's middle-aged, yet the expression on his face has the joy and wonder of a child. :)
He kept calling them "fire bugs." Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment